HOTEL & RESORT
Paradise Island, New Providence
- Complete design work for the installation of a 900KW emergency generator, providing 100% emergency supply during power failure.
- Completed comprehensive assessment of load, surveyed existing main electrical room to determine the location of the new ATS and consulted on the proposed location.
- Designed foundation drawings, electrical single line schematic drawings, mechanical schematic drawings.
- Provide Professional Engineer to stamp and sign drawings, and submit to MOW
- Assist with the solicitations of bids for the installation
- Provided the project management to oversee the installation of the 900KW emergency generator.
- Complete electrical inspections and assessment following Hurricane Matthew (2016) and Hurricane Dorian (2019).
- Inspection and maintenance of main 15kV switchgear and main transformer and secondary switchgear for Manor House and Lighthouse Hotel (2015).
- Supply, installation, and commissioning of sub-meters with current transformers to monitor energy usage and tenant allocation (2015).
- Design and installation of 16 sub-meters to monitor energy usage and provide tenant allocation for the Treasure Bay Casino (2014).
- Determined the scope of work and designed a single line diagram of existing switchgear connection. Provided specifications of switchgear and transformers (2014).
- Provided engineering services to design a system to ensure energy consumption of each sub-distribution panel for the Casino at the Grand Lucayan (2014).
- Designed infrastructure to support the remote monitoring of energy use (2014).
- Provided labour, equipment and software for the connection of smart metering system. Install commission and provide training on system (2014).
- Installed 18 sub-meters to the Chiller System for the Reef Village to monitor energy usage (2013)
- Provided a Technical Assessment Report of the grounding and lightning protection system and make repairs at Grand Lucayan Bahamas (2012)
- Supply and Installation of two new 2500 kVa Transformers and one new 15kV outdoor metal enclosed Switchgear at Building S, Reef Hotel (2012).
Mc Leans Town, Grand Bahama
- Provided supervision, labour and materials to construct the main incoming distribution power center for Deep Water Cay. Supplied and installed all conduits and conductors associated with the main service.
- Provided engineering services and site design layout for the Burrows property at McLeans Town to include complete electrical design, riser diagram and load calculations, Grand Bahama.
West End, Grand Bahama
- Disconnection and disposal of old transformers from the site
- Installed submeters for the marina
- Report and make recommendations for cost saving measurements
- Install sub electronic meters
- Review power allocations and make recommendations
Together with Salt Energy of Marathon Key and Waugh Construction of Freeport our engineering team consulted on the design layout, site development, and provided both electrical and civil drawings. Mr. King, GBEPC was the Bahamian Engineer of Record for this project.
The solar panels and battery storage will initially provide 90% of the energy needs to the island. BPL is looking to increase the use of renewable energy resources, their goal is to have 30% renewable energy penetration throughout the Bahamas by 2030.
Freeport, Grand Bahama
- Contracted the Civil Works for the service upgrade of Substation 1 (2018) at the Buckeye Facility, Freeport.
- Purchased and supervised the installation of 15kV Switchgear.
- Provided electrical engineering design services for the upgrade for Berth 11. Provided the design development for the tie in of new equipment into the existing electrical system. Sign and stamp drawings.
- Engineer of Record and electrical design of emergency generator for the development of Berth 12.
- Engineer of record for the design review for the Borco/Buckeye tank expansion project.
- Provide engineering, supervision, manpower, and equipment to develop engineered drawings and design for a new 480 bolt, 3 -phase supply to the existing control room and equipment, complete load calculations, sign and stamp drawings (2012).
- Provide design development drawings for the installation of two (2) 125 HP 480V motors at inland dock #1.
- Supplied and installed LED high mast lighting for Arawak Port. This lighting retrofit LED conversion has translated to tremendous savings for the owner.
Grand Bahama, Bahamas
- Ongoing service contract to provide qualified Linesman to maintain the distribution system.
- Service contract to install LED street lights island wide.
- Hurricane Matthew restoration contract.
- Maintenance contract for the LED street lights.
- Conducted an electrical service investigation at the T&D Facility
- Provided Electrical Engineering services to accommodate upgrade to T&D Facility and provide as built riser diagrams to reflect installation, sign and stamp drawings
- Developed and designed single line drawings and layout schematics for the installation of uninterruptable power supply, sign and stamp drawings
- Sizing and specification of distribution panel for boilers, auxiliary equipment, lights, receptacles and future equipment
- Developed and designed electrical system for the re-development of Diesel Plant.
Freeport, Grand Bahamas
- Engineer of record and consultant for the installation of two 1.5 megawatt generators that provide power supply to refrigerated for the Reefers.
- Conducted an Energy Audit and complete report for self -generation study.
- Post Hurricane Joaquin, led a team to provide the MEP upgrade for the San Salvador International Airport. To include Schematic Design, Design, Construction, Contract Administration, Final Inspection and Commissioning. Additionally, our firm consulted on the domestic and international baggage equipment and provided the complete MEP re-design for the Domestic arrival, office area, and the link between the arrival area and main terminal.
- Owner’s representative for the $65 million dollar Airport Gateway Project in Nassau, Bahamas. Responsible for overseeing the relocation and installation of all utilities along the 6.2mile roadway and the construction of a new 132kV overhead power line.
- Responsible for overseeing the relocation and installation of all underground utilities along 1.2 miles of roadway for the Baha Mar West Bay Street by-pass road diversion project.
- Reviewed drawings and inspected the construction of a new 132kV overhead power line, and the installation and commissioning of all underground power, phone and cable utilities.
- Owner’s representative for the extension of BEC 80MVA substation to provide service to Baha Mar.
- Inspected the electrical infrastructure as part of the 2018 and 2019 Summer Repair Programme for schools on the mainland of East, West, and Central Grand Bahama, Bimini, Sweeting's Cay, and Grand Cay.
- Supervised the repair work and ensured compliancy with Canadian Electrical Code.
- Authorized the release of payments to subcontractors based on percentage of completion and compliancy of contract.
- Met with principals and school maintenance officials on a regular basis to ensure that we had access to all areas of the school.
- Contracted with the Ministry of Aviation to provide new LED mast lights on the airside and parking lot area of the airport following Hurricane Dorian.
- Provide electrical design for the development of construction for the Marsh Harbour Terminal and control towers. Engineer of record, sign and stamp all drawings.
- Engineer of record for the electrical design for multi-family (302 unit) housing development Carmichael Village Subdivision in Nassau, Bahamas.
ENGINEER OF RECORD
- Solar Micro Grid, Ragged Island, Bahamas
- Eco-Oil, electrical design and review for the Hazardous Waste Treatment Plant in Freeport, Bahamas.
- Rand Corridor, EOR
- FOCOL- design and electrical consultant for the construction of two service stations in Grand Bahama and one in Nassau.
- Star General Insurance- design electrical system and engineer of record. Freeport, Bahamas
- C.A. Smith Government Complex, Freeport: design review and EOR.
- Gerald A. Bartlett Police Headquarters, Freeport, design electrical system and EOR
- Club Med, Eleuthera-electrical design for hotel expansion project (60 rooms), EOR.
- Electrical Design and Installation for the Rand Corridor project, Freeport, Bahamas
- Okyanos- electrical re-design and engineer of record, Freeport, Bahamas
- Rand Memorial Hospital- design and provide specifications for the construction of two operating theaters. Engineer of Record.
- Rand Memorial Outpatient Clinic- Coral Road, Engineer of Record, electrical design